puck head thoughts

Random thoughts regarding ice hockey from the Carolina Hurricanes through the minors with a little hockey news and notes on the side.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

News, Notes and Opinions

Al righty, no posting in a week or so and I know that I need to find a way to post once a day. Sorry I didn’t mean for the rhyme. Well the Canes have a chance to make the playoffs if they can win two out of every three. Like I said earlier this season, can we play Atlanta again? Carolina has a good record against the Thrash and that goes for this season as well. The last time I remember these two teams playing was back in December when Atlanta scored late in the third to take the game to overtime and then a shootout. And no surprise to anyone, they won. The Canes are not good in a shootout. If memory serves me correct they are 0-4, but then again I have drank through most those games so my mind might be a bit fuzzy.

Now on to other NHL news:

Forsberg to Nashville: There is a God. The Canes did not need to rape the farm for him. I my opinion, I think he is one of the dirtiest players around. At least players like Scott Stevens would stand up after he cheap shotted you Forsberg will not. I have seen this when he was with the Avs and Flyers. I don’t like the guy.

The Big Condor: At the moment, I still think it is more like the big teddy bear. I watched him at the Rangers game (and yes most of the team stunk it up) but Joe seems to just duck the hits. Man if I were as big as he was and could skate, I would be a Mac truck and be hitting anything in site – including the zebras when they get between me and the puck – can you say my home away from home would be the sin bin!

Babchuk: Too much drama. Send his ass back to Russia and let’s get on with hockey. If he refused to go to Albany, NJ (yes now he has finally reported) they should have sent his butt to their ECHL team!

Non-NHL news:

SPHL’s Fayetteville Fire Antz is making a playoff push in their fifth season. The club sits currently fifth in the standings. Their schedule for the rest of February goes something like this:

Thursday 2/22 – Fayetteville @ Pee Dee Cyclones 7:10 start
Friday 2/23 – Fayetteville hosts Columbus Cottonmouths 7:30 start
Saturday 2/24 – Fayetteville hosts Knoxville Ice Bears 7:30 start

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Car Insurance

seo info