puck head thoughts

Random thoughts regarding ice hockey from the Carolina Hurricanes through the minors with a little hockey news and notes on the side.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Buffaloed again........

And this time around it was from the play of Johnny “ I’m rubber, your good, the puck bounces off me and I don’t know where it goes until it ends up behind me” Grahame. What a pathetic performance from a goaltender that does not belong at the NHL level. Last year, you would think that it was because of the team he played on why he sucked so much, but you can’t say that this season. Yeah I know that at the AHL level a few years ago (before the league changed rules) Grahame won a title with the P Bruins, but that was the A and this is the N. And yes, I am not a fan of Grahame, I will state that anytime I post about him and yes this is just my own opinion.
And keeping with my own opinion, what a cheap player Maxim Afinogenov is. He tries to give Willie a facial wash with his glove, something of which Justin Williams was not down with and when the two went at it Willie was taking care of business. What does Afinogenov do? He throws Willie to the ice and then when the linesmen come in to separate the players, he starts to throw punches of which Williams can’t do anything about because the linesmen are holding him down trying to get the two players separated.
But that was last night and tonight it’s the Canes vs. the Ducks in what should be an interesting contest. If J.S. Giguere and Ilja Bryzgalov are still on the mend and not able to play, it looks like Anaheim will turn to Michael Wall whom took over for Giguere in San Jose on Tuesday. Meanwhile, it would seem as the Canes would turn to Cam Ward between the pipes for a few good reasons. One, he can control rebounds or get them far away from the net. Two, why start Grahame in Buffalo if you were gong to play him tonight against Anaheim in a back-to-back. And three, Carolina is at home for Rod Brind’amour night. Until the puck is dropped and I have my first big beer at the RBC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Car Insurance

seo info