puck head thoughts

Random thoughts regarding ice hockey from the Carolina Hurricanes through the minors with a little hockey news and notes on the side.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thank God for Bowling Nights

Unfortunately for me I was not able to catch last night’s game because I am a moron and I did not double check that I had the game scheduled for record, then again that could be a fortunate thing for me as I didn’t have to stay up past my bedtime (11 pm for us 30 something’s) and watch the Canes get skated out of their own building. From listening to the hall of famer this morning on the radio, this game was a lot like the Islanders game, again a game I missed.

Johnny Grahamme “Cracker” was in net for the third straight time and for two of those times has taken the lose. Again, I didn’t see the game so I can’t say if Wardo would have fared any better. All I know is, three games and three starts for Grahamme who now has a GAA in those last three games of 3.00 if my math is correct (broadcast major – no math major so I could be wrong) Wednesday against the Islanders gave up 4 goals, against the Bruins 1 goal, and last night against Ottawa 4 goals – 9 goals/3 games= GAA 3.00.

Now it is on to game two of the home stand against Le Habitants or the Montreal Canadians for us person that don’t speak French or for us who did not know what the “H” stands/stood for on their sweaters. The last time these two teams hooked up, Montreal was all over Carolina like white on rice. The Canadians scored two short handed goals and Christobal Huet shutout the Canes (Carolina’s second shutout lose of the season). All I can say is, at least I will be able to see a Canes game since it has been more than a week since I have seen one. I am drooling like a dog looking at the bone-in-rib eye steak sitting all alone on the table but the master is at the cabinet so I drool. Will tomorrow ever come? Until Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Car Insurance

seo info