puck head thoughts

Random thoughts regarding ice hockey from the Carolina Hurricanes through the minors with a little hockey news and notes on the side.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Back to the Future?

For the Carolina Hurricanes, the beginning of last week sure did remind one of “Back to the Future”. The Canes were outscored 8-2 and shut out in one of those games. Now Cam Ward can’t get blamed for the 4-0 lose to the Rangers and from what I have heard and read, Johnny Grahamme “Cracker” can’t be blamed for the other (I was on a plane at the time of the Islanders game. I was able to go back to Texas for turkey day). So now, we look to the future/present.

The Canes are 3 points back of the Thrash and head into tonight’s game against the Ottawa Senators, a team that the Canes let two early goals in before defeating the Canadian Capitol team 3-2 back in October/early November. At that time, it was the Hurricanes going against one of their own in Martin “zee” Gerber “baby” (yeah I know it is still a stretch of a nickname but I like it.) This time, who knows who will be in goal.

That is a good question for P L as well. Grahamme has not played poorly in his last two starts while Wardo was hung out to dry, so to speak, against the Rangers. Grahamme is 2-1 in his last three starts and has come around (even though I still can’t stand the guy). Wardo should do well, if he gets the start, after taking two games off. Speaking souly for myself, I am a little worried about Wardo and the number one position between the pipes. Since PL and Grahamme have a history together and Grahamme backstopped the Providence Bruins to the Calder Cup a few seasons ago with PL as the bench boss, I wonder were the loyalty will rest. That just me starting to play “devil's advocate” (something I love doing).

Remember no television tonight (thank GOD I purchased Center Ice again this season). So if you want to see it, go out to you favorite local sports bar or any place that has Center Ice. As for me, well I have bowling first and then race home to the Labatt Blue and the game. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Car Insurance

seo info