puck head thoughts

Random thoughts regarding ice hockey from the Carolina Hurricanes through the minors with a little hockey news and notes on the side.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First impression - not impressed

Okay, so I have been as dormant as the Carolina power play was last season. Let’s hope that both are corrected now that a new season has started. I was able to get to the arena this past Sunday to check out the action on the ice for the first time since the Canes played there earlier in 2007. Truly I was not impressed.

Johnny Grahame “Cracker” – who I did cheer for and support for the half a period that I was able to see him play – was still himself. He gave up two goals on 11 shots. Maybe this season that he has some competition against him his game will rise, if not send him down to Albany – technically Albany is up geographically but I am talking about in terms of the ranking of the leagues .

I am like most persons I presume in the fact that I was impressed with Noah Babin. I am not sure if I would bring him to the big club yet as I only saw the 2nd and 3rd periods on Sunday. Some more seasoning down in Albany and the big defenseman should do fine.

I was more impressed with the Caps on Sunday. Their big guns weren’t out there; however, their two goaltenders held the Canes at bay. Only in the 3rd period, when coach P put the Staal – Stillman – Cole line together did Carolina flip a switch and they played like the should. The line shuffling didn’t stop there as coach P put Bayda and Aucion together. These two have chemistry as they were 2/3rds of the top line in Albany last season.

I presume we must wait until Friday to see what happens. Now according to the News and Observer – the Canes are working on the PP tonight before the scrimmage that is scheduled for 6PM at the RBC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Car Insurance

seo info